Sunday, March 25, 2007

From Diebold's Staff Website, circa 1999

Though I'd seen this before in pieces, I was put on to this by one of the hardest working, powerful change-agent, election-integrity activists in this state, well known, though little-recognized , Paddy Shaffer, in Columbus. She organizes, communicates, helps others "on a dime", and is aware of and actually works on statewide county issues.

With her heads-up this is what I re-found and re-explored:

Diebold Election Systems, Inc. Staff Website
If you've not seen this before, definitely download all 713 interesting pages.
I quote here from "Christmas Poem" (1999)
starting on page 220.
On 221 - you'll find the following exerpt:


On Diekman! on Kaplan! on Mickey and Don!
To the top of the heap to the top of it all
Outsell them, Outsell them, Outsell them all!”

...
"We’ve got AccuPoke, AccuFake...Voting’s the theme,"
And the visions encircle his head like a dream;
He had a smile on his face and whistled a tune,
As he thought about shipping 10,000 units by the end of June.

He was happy and cheerful, a right jolly ole Pelt
And I smiled when I saw him, in spite of myself;
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Soon everyone was smiling, the joy was widespread;

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
Picked up the phone and call the Cobb County Clerk,
He gave everyone a raise, like a good CEO,
And giving a nod, out the door he did go;

I'm particularly interested in the line
attributed to boss- though this is obviously (a partial) spoof of a not well loved, sales driving boss.
"We’ve got AccuPoke, AccuFake...Voting’s the theme"

If that doesn't say what still drives Diebold, with the complicity of certain BOE members, I don't know what does.

One thing I do find puzzling here, however, are the dates - Diebold didn't take over Global Election Systems and their AccuFakes until around 2001-2.
Maybe someone here can help straighten out this confusion.